1.22.2009

Snow...


Nearly every day, Ella goes over to our sliding door and points to the snow! I say something like, "Ella, do you like the snow?" She nods enthusiastically yes. So, the other day Ella woke up from her nap - and I had fun plans in mind. I changed into my warm gear- and then began the super long process of changing her into her warm gear. She was a willing participant for the snowsuit, so I thought we were home free. However, by the time we got her gloves on she wasn't nearly as excited. All bundled up now we opened the sliding door and panic set in....really, I'm not being dramatic here. The child who is usually such a dare-devil had suddenly become cautious. I picked her up and she stayed in the standing position- stiff, not the usual toddler sit on the hip thing. (Note: she stayed in this position the whole time we were out.) I tried all the fun things I could think of...to have her stand in the snow up to her waist...visit our woodpile...look at the bird feeder...and then I put her in this chair. I'm not sure if you can tell from the picture but, she didn't like any part of this adventure.
So now when we ask Ella if she likes the snow her new response is this: contorts her face, crinkles her eyes- a look that says "No Way." Brian has a solution only a Dad could think of- he's going to bring her out on a sled! We'll let you know how snow adventure #2 goes...hopefully better. She doesn't have much choice, she is a New England born kiddo!

No comments:

Post a Comment