We travel left out of our driveway, and up Chestnut Hill Road at least a couple times a week. During Christmastime Ella would enjoy looking at all the lights and decorations people had put out. Her very favorite was the Santa across the street.When they put him away for the season we had to say that Santa went Bye-Bye. She would just look at us with a confused expression (for quite a while)...in her forgetful moments she still peeks out the window and asks for Santa.
Well, another one of her favorites were these wooden white reindeer, with red bows. Every time we'd drive by she would say, "ray-ray." I was dreading the day they put them away- more explaining to do! However, I am so thankful because sure enough, those reindeer are still out today. It's the highlight of our car trips. Even if I forget as we are driving, Ella gets all excited and reminds me that indeed, they are still there.
Now, I hate to admit it but I had left our Christmas wreath up until the first weekend in February. But now I wonder, if maybe the wreath was the highlight of some other little one's car trip- (probably not!!) It's a good excuse though.
2.17.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment