1.16.2010

Ella and Mom's cleaning misadventures

So, my New Year's resolution is to maintain a cleaner house. We are doing pretty well for three weeks in. Some background info for the story...(we've told Ella the police come if you dial the phone, and they come in emergencies or to help someone.) So I was cleaning the wooden, super steep basement steps and Ella was perched at the top. I was cleaning as quickly as I could while shouting to Ella ," Stay there please, don't come any closer, etc." She was obeying while calling back in a sing- song toddler voice, " Mo-om, don't fall down the ste-eps. The police will say, 'Oh, no Mom.'"
Later, Ella was playing in her room and I was cleaning the bathroom. A towel bar went crashing to the floor. Ella came flying in and said, "What you heck-a doing, Mom?"
That sums up our day.

No comments:

Post a Comment